Saturday, March 1, 2014

Meeting Beverly Johnson

Hello,

The other day I was fortunate enough to go to an event at Macys, where I was able to meet Beverly Johnson.

And for those of you who do not know who Beverly Johnson is, then shame on you! But, to give you a little history, 40 years ago she was the first African American model to be featured on the cover of vogue!

Meeting her as well as some of other lovely ladies; to name drop, Constance White, and Demeatria Bocella. They were all unrealistically beautiful, fashionable and influential.

To quickly sum up the event, it was for black history month. And they discussed the importance of supporting other African American professionals. Not just in the fashion industry but in every aspect, although, I am not the biggest advocate of black people stating the whole "we have nothing" spiel. Personally, I think that we as black people have come a long way. And I know that the world will never be a "perfect utopia", but for us to complain that we have nothing is a little over done. (but I'll do a post on that later).

But I digress.

Let's just say the event had points that I agreed with and others that I did not.
But, one thing that will forever stick with me is this, Beverly Johnson said I was "cool and stylish". That one sentence, or fragment of one made my entire life!

You can check out my social media for pictures. Links are below.

Twitter: Aziza__Craig
Facebook: Aziza Craig
Tumblr: http://isthisnameokay.tumblr.com/
Instagram: Aziza_c76
Lookbook: http://lookbook.nu/aziza_c
Youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/user/azillia1

Peace and love,

Oni.

No comments:

Post a Comment