Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What I Say Goes In One Ear And Out The Other

Hello beautiful people of the interweb!

It is 6:06am which is normally when i wake up, but about 20 mins ago my mom called me so i couldn't enjoy those last precious moments of sleep, so now i am awake...

Given that I'm not a "morning person" nor a "people person", while lying in bed for those last 20 mins i began thinking of all the things i dislike that happen to me.

So without further ado here it is.

1. I dislike being woken up before my alarm goes off. Once I'm up, I'm up unfortunately:(((
2. I dislike being woken up for stupid things that could of waited til later in the day.
3. I dislike the fact that everything i say people don't pay attention to. (Since this is a big one, here are some examples!)

My major is fashion marketing management, but EVERY TIME i go and say fashion marketing, the people stop listening after fashion. And all i get is them interrupting me halfway through me saying the title of my major to hear them say "oh, so you're in fashion DESIGN". (In that moment my side eye glance is SO strong!!) I have so many family members and friends asking me when I'm going to make them a garment. And i honestly don't think they understand how extremely hard designing and making clothing is. (Props to all the amazing designers out there!!) WHICH IS WHY I'M NOT IN DESIGN!

Another example is that i am trying to design this garment for a fashion show (lord help me lol) and i told my mom about it, but all she heard was "fashion show". And since i model in the ones here, she's like "oh, the show you're modeling in", but the thing is i put up pictures of my pattern pieces saying how I'm "playing designer for the next two weeks". And i am still met with stupid questions, because of them tuning out what i say!!

And this second example is basically what always happens anytime i mention a fashion show, whether I'm volunteering, being someone's assistant or dressing models, i am always asked if I'm modeling in it...

I feel like if people paid more attention to what I'm actually saying instead of trying to guess what I'm saying then maybe, i wouldn't be met with dumb questions and confusion. There are more things that i dislike, but i gotta go get in the shower, cause i gotta make an early morning donut run! Lol

Peace and love y'all, and please pay attention to one another!

Oni.

No comments:

Post a Comment