Monday, July 8, 2013

First college class today!

Today, I had my first morning college class! And me being the impulsive, over achiever and hater of being late person that I am was there, probably a half an hour before class starts. I think I nearly scared my teacher! haha I am not normally a morning person, but I know the best thing to do is to make a good impression (which I think I did). And to have my teachers and peers remember me because that is the easiest way to success in my field. 

Class was fun, but confusing. And I already have projects and home work and things that I wouldn't of thought of getting until some weeks later. I think I might sign up for some clubs and a part time job. I am the type of person that once I find my schedule I am set and able to do a lot at once. Although, it may be hard at first for me to get situated, I know I can do it! 

Also, another thing I have to work on is speaking up in class. That is one part that is making it hard for me to become situated. There are these two people who keep talking (and I understand that talking is a good way for feed back and showing your skill, but honestly it was during the entire class). And not to sound rude or anything of the sort, they were basically repeating the teachers questions to make them sound like their original question or idea. It honestly got me to the point of being annoyed. I completely understand that if you are confused you should ask questions and ask for help, but there comes a point where they were just asking questions to get spot light, or to seem smart. It became boring and annoying. 

For example, the teacher would say something then out of know where you would here "oh, you know I completely understand what your talking about" followed by further unnecessary explanations. or you would hear "oh, so what your saying is...and then he would repeat what she just said...then he would say "so a prime example of that would be" and repeat again what she JUST said or random nonsense. Don't get me wrong learning new knowledge and miss understanding something is one thing but doing it for attention from your teacher and interrupting the class at every turning point of the lecture is annoying and repetitive. 

Also, for my last note of annoyances of today. There is this girl who has for the past week of me first seeing her at orientation, has been staring at me for no reason at all. And she asks to sit down next to me in class, and I have absolutely no problem with that. Except every time I even looked in the corner of my eye I could see her looking over at me and staring at me. I am not sure what her problem is but, that is annoying. 

And also being that we are in college and are supposed to be adults don't you think you would come to class prepared? Well apparently not for this girl because she kept asking me to borrow paper. And I am not a mean person or anything (even though this is my only note book for five different classes, which we just so happen to have ALL the SAME classes) I gave her a sheet. And every time I would start a new page she would lean over and ask me for one. And the whole time we were on break she was bragging about how her mom is gonna bring her some more money tomorrow. Which I am hoping so because tomorrow I am not sharing my only notebook of paper with her for the next 10 weeks of classes. We are 18 years old and older you would think that you would come to class prepared and ready to go. 

Well I have to start my homework, charge my laptop and get ready for my meetings tonight! Wish me luck!!

peace and love,

Oni. 

No comments:

Post a Comment